Friday, April 13, 2018
Weekly Top 5 |v.8
Happy Friday! Spring temperatures finally hit Indiana this week and it has been as glorious as we all hoped it would be. Nevermind that there's snow coming in three days, today its sunshine-y and warm and we will be scooting our tushes out the door from breakfast until naptime! Spring is amazing like that. Just two days in a row of sunshine, warmth, trees and flowers blooming- and its enough to makes us all forget about 7 months of cold, snow, dreariness, and feeling cooped up.
It's funny, because even though spring just now appeared- we're also gearing up for summer already. Only a few weeks left of our mom's Bible study, Caleb has his end of the year preschool program coming up, and we've already signed for VBS at church! So even if it snows again in a few days, I know it won't stick. Summer has to come eventually!
Have any fun plans this weekend? Justin and I are going on our first date in monthssss. I need to find some ways to hype up the babysitter to Caleb today (maybe ice cream sundaes with her?) because his separation anxiety has been pretty sky high (naturally). But either way, he'll survive and we'll have a chance to be grown ups without kids for a few hours!
Here's what I'm loving around the internet this week:
1. I never buy music, but I actually bought this album this week and can't get enough. If nothing else, listen to this song!
2. We've been leaving the potatoes out, but otherwise I really really love this baked chicken recipe. Super crispy on the outside and perfectly cooked on the inside. Also, garlic butter green beans!
3. Emily's decluttering challenge. Are you doing this (or any serious spring cleaning)? I'm not really following along, because I've tried to keep up with decluttering over the past year. But I love the heart of it and will probably purge a few spots in our house over the weekend!
4. Simplicity Parenting. I haven't read it yet, but I keep hearing different people talk about how great it is. I don't typically read non-fiction, but when something keeps popping up and seems to line up with what I'm learning or practicing on my own- I pay attention! So it's on my list to put on hold at the library this weekend!
5. My fav photo printing site has a new $5 off coupon! Perfect for getting a head start on Mother's Day gifts.