Since Spring, I've completely neglected my lovely stack of fabrics and half-done projects along with a long list of project ideas to start. But I just found out that September is National Sewing Month! I'm taking this national month of sewing-celebration to motivate me back into sewing. I'm not exactly sure how I'll fit it into the pages and pages of reading that I have to do, along with papers, group projects, and all that grad school goodness, but I'm sure going to try!
I figured 5 is a good number to start with. So here's what I'll be working on this month:
1. this apron. I started it months ago, got sidetracked after coming down with a bad head cold and then never picked it up again!
2. a cute lunchbox. I've been wanting to make this since I saw it in One Yard Wonders, and now that I take my lunch everyday to school, it would come in handy!
3. I want to make some cute placemats for our cute new dining room table. We painted the room Gentle Moss, so I'm on the hunt for a fabric that goes well with the green...any suggestions?
4. curtains curtains curtains. Our bedroom and office both have bare windows that just look blah and I've been wanting to try my hand at window treatments. I hear they're easy...
5. and just for fun...not functionality or necessity...I've been eying this adorable clutch!
hopefully I can get to them all! Maybe I'll even give myself a break from paper writing and group project working this weekend to pick up where I left off on the apron. Maybe. :)