I woke up this morning and could not think of one good reason for being in grad school right now.
I want to gauge my own eyes out.
graphic, yes. but true.
clearly, I need to remind myself why I'm doing this (and that in one measly week I'll get the most needed month long break of my life).
so, in effort to do that, I've made myself a little list to prevent my from gauging said eyes out while I write this lit review, write my program development paper, create a lobbying strategy, and summarize my service learning experience. (makes you want to die just reading it, right? right? i know).
10 reasons being a grad student is GOOD and RIGHT
1. really, its not that hard. aside from these two weeks.
2. I really do love learning. wait I do? yes, yes I do.
3. James 1:27. its not about me, remember?
4. I've been given so much, and in order to help others through the gifts i've been given I.need.this.freaking.degree.
5. I have a kick butt internship lined up for Spring semester.
6. life isn't easy and challenges are good for me. Right, Jesus?
7. What other full-time gig would allow me to spend so much time with this cutie?! (besides being a mom. But J says I have to wait for that...)
8,9 & 10. God is good. He doesn't give me too much. He's all I need. (want to write my papers, God? pleeeease?)
sigh. I feel better already. and with my group mtg cancelled, more time to finish work, and snow on the ground and a dog to go play with...
its not a bad day.
hopefully I don't die before the semester ends though.