Thanksgiving is just about my least favorite holiday. But before you go ahead and disown me, I should say that I like it a bit more each year. It just still has nothing on 4th of July :)
And while I may not love the holiday, I really do love this season. Its never a bad thing to have an excuse to be thankful. In fact, we are supposed the be full of thanksgiving.
16 Always be joyful. 17 Never stop praying. 18 Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.
1 Thess. 5:18
So this month, I want to be intentional about taking stock of my thankfuls.
1. a new, wonderful job.
2. feeling at home at our church, finally.
3. our home.
4. a restful week to recharge.
5. crisp, frosty mornings & tangibly feeling a new season slip in.
6. our family & friends on the Shore are safe&sound after Sandy.
7. morning husky cuddles.
8. a good book (namely, Bittersweet)
9. a whole weekend at home with no plans.
Love that verse! You are smart to be intentional about your thankfuls. :)
It's my least favorite holiday too!!
Love that verse!! I love Thanksgiving, but I think it's just because my birthday is usually the day before, the day of, or the day after. Haha!!
Post a Comment